The King’s Observatory will again be open to the public for a limited period, Mondays to Fridays from 27th September to 18th November this year.
The King’s Observatory will again be open to the public this year for a limited period, Mondays to Fridays only, from 27th September to 18th November. This year, we shall be reverting to our earlier practice of holding guided tours consisting of up to 10 persons at a time although we shall still be preserving certain precautions as outlined below to protect visitors from Covid-19.
Before you arrive
- If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you’ve been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit. Your pre-purchased ticket will be refunded.
- Please arrive within your timeslot. Sadly, if you’re more than 5 minutes late, we will not be able to guarantee you entry. Your entry will be at the discretion of the property staff and will be based on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing.
- Your ticket will be checked and temperature taken. Hand sanitizers are available. You will be provided with disposable shoe covers.
During your visit
- To help keep everyone safe, please always follow social distancing and government guidance during your visit.
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask whilst you are in the house. Please bring your own facemask. Hand sanitizers will be provided
- There are no facilities for eating or drinking available. Toilet facilities are provided at the carpark.
- Each tour is estimated to last some 60 minutes.
Other matters to be noted
- Tickets for these tours must be purchased online via this website.
- No dogs please.
- The driveway runs through the golf course to the building and all users are asked as a courtesy to give way to players on the course so as to minimize any inconvenience to members.
- We regret that Wheelchair access is not possible.
The King’s Observatory, TW9 2SB – Entrance off the A316. Access is by way of the shared driveway with the Royal Mid-Surrey Golf Club, which is signed from the main road.
By Train: Underground District Line, Overground Main Line from Waterloo and Clapham Junction to Richmond Station (allow for a 20 minute walk from the Station).
By Bus: No. 490 to Pools on the Park which is located at the entrance to the driveway.
By Car and Bicycle: There is ample free parking available
By Foot: It is approximately a 20 minute walk from Richmond Town Centre to the King’s Observatory. There is no access from the Riverside Path.
Please observe the Golf Club’s warning signs showing direction of play.